A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
Find out how you dental implants work, and how a dental implants Melbourne expert can help transform your smile into “a million bucks”.
- Step 1 – Anaesthesia
- Step 2 – Accessing the jawbone
- Step 3 – Creating the pilot hole for the dental implant
- Step 4 – Evaluating the initial orientation of the pilot hole
- Step 5 – Completing the pilot hole
- Step 6 – The final check
- Step 7 – Drilling the hole for the dental implant
- Step 8 – Double checking the dental implant’s hole
- Step 9 – The dentist will thread the hole
- Step 10 – The dentist will place the implant
- Step 11 – Closing the surgical site
- Step 12 – Healing – implant osseointegration
- Step 13 – Placement of temporary implant
- Step 14 – Placement of permanent dental implant